The Pulman Arena has been designed as a six court multi sports facility and is used by many different activities including Netball, Basketball, Volleyball, Turbo Touch & Futsal; along with other community activities requiring indoor stadium facilities.
The Pulman Arena provides a facility for community use that will increase participation and access to sports activity and informal physical activities including pay as you play by Counties Manukau residents and to enable them to develop their skills and abilities and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
In its short time of opening the Facility has already hosting the World Masters Games, Oceania Youth Futsal Champs, North Island Special Olympics, National Basketball competitions and Regional Premier Netball competitions. The North Island Junior Secondary Schools Volleyball Champs is next on the event calendar.
The facility includes;
- 6 Netball courts + 2 international courts
- 6 Basketball courts + 2 international courts
- 6 Turbo Touch courts
- 2 International courts + 3 Fustal training courts
- 12 Volleyball courts
- Dropdown curtains to divide the courts & perimeter of Arena
- Dropdown curtains around the edge of the Arena for Futsal
- 350 metre running track around perimeter of Arena (inside)
- Four team changing rooms – Stage 2
- A fitness gym
- Medical room
- 8 offices and meeting rooms,
- 350 pax conference room with high spec facilities
Community Sports Leagues
Pulman Arena is home to a number of community sports leagues and major sporting events. Each week the Arena opens its doors to the community. Regular sports leagues and competitions include Papakura Junior Basketball, Papakura Netball Centre, Super 14 and Regional Premier Netball Leagues, Collegiate Basketball and Netball, Futsal and Turbo Touch
Some major events in 2017 included the Steven Adams Camp with over 100 budding young basketballers taking part. An ACC Paralympics NZ Open Day for the community to come and have a go at some sports and activities and meet some Paralympians. The North Island Secondary Schools Volleyball Champs with 96 teams competing, Silver Ferns and Tall Ferns training camps.
Credit Michael Dawson - Photographer & Paralympics NZ
Pulman Arena is now offering Casual Play opportunities for the local community. For just $5 per person you can get a group together and come and have a game of basketball, netball, volleyball or futsal.
We are also offering an opportunity for group to book in a lunchtime cardio session with one of our on site trainers. This is for a minimum of six people per session and $5 per person.
To book or check availability of courts, please call 09 295 0020, ext 4. Casual play flyer.
Pulman Arena is offering a pay as you go Fit Club exercise class. The classes fit around kids activities on the Park. Tue/Thu, 4.15pm-5.00pm during the school term.
Cost: $12 per session or $90 for 10 session card. Come along and join in, registrations are essential, please email email@example.com or phone 295 0020 ext 4 to secure your spot!
AWARD WINNING LIGHTS AT THE ARENA
Pulman Arena was recently entered into the IESANZ Lighting Awards 2017. Our lighting design company Zumtobel were winners of both Energy Efficiency and also a Commendation Design Award. The IESANZ is the Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia and New Zealand. The event is held each year to celebrate and promote the highest quality lighting and luminaire design in New Zealand.
Some interesting features of the Arena include:
- 6105m² of internationally certified sports flooring
- Over 46,500 lineal metres of two strip European Beech
- Almost 100 ton of European Beech flooring
- 150,000 J Nails
- 45,000 shock pads
- The Arena is managed by an iPad and run on WIFI
- The roof has a series of extensive panels to allow natural daylight lighting, ensuring that the building is environmentally friendly with a minimal carbon footprint
- State of the art lighting and sound systems work with two TV recording studios